The City Manager is the Chief Executive Officer of the City. It is his/her duty, under the City Charter, to execute and implement policies as established by the City Council. He/she is responsible for the overall coordination of the City's governmental activities, for the efficient operation of the City of Palestine, provides management leadership to the staff and orgainzation and communicates organization goals and values to the public.
- Economic Development - To promote balanced growth and a business climate that will provide a broad tax base and create quality jobs and self-sustaining economy while preserving the unique and historical heritage of Palestine.
- Code Enforcement - Encourage all citizens to become involved in a coordinated effort of preservation, restoration, landscaping, and beautification by enforcing adherence with existing codes
- Infrastructure - Improve and replace and maintain an aging infrastructure while planning for the future growth and expansion, provide essential needs in an efficient and cost effective manner within budget.
- Recreational, Cultural and Natural Resources - Enhance the quality of life by providing and maintaining recreational and cultural opportunities utilizing available environmental and natural resources.
- Organization Development Goal - Promote a city organization that resolves problems using a systematic approach for the efficient delivery of services.
- Intergovernmental Relations - Build active relationships with all governmental entities to promote an effective and efficient use of tax dollars.