PALESTINE, Texas (April 7, 2017) – The City of Palestine has announced the Good Friday holiday schedule for city facilities.
The following city offices and facilities will close Friday, April 14 and will resume normal business hours on April 17:
• City Hall, which includes Customer Service, Municipal Court, Finance, Development Services, Public Works, Utilities, City Manager’s Office, Police Administration, Fire Administration, City Secretary, Human Resources, Streets, Emergency Management Office and Warehouse Services.
• Palestine Economic Development and Main Street Offices
• Palestine Community Services Offices
• Palestine Civic Center Offices
• Palestine Public Library will close Friday, April 14, and Saturday, April 15. All library materials (books, CDs, and DVDs) can be returned 24/7 in the book drop located on the curb outside of the Mall’s main entrance.
The following city offices and facilities will be open:
• The Palestine Mall Concourse and Mall shops will remain open on Friday, April 14 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• The Palestine Visitor Center will be open on Friday, April 14, and Saturday, April 15.
The following is scheduled from Public Works:
• City garbage/recycling services will run as scheduled
• The compost site on Spring Street will be closed on April 15.
• To report after-hours and holiday water/sewer/road issues that require immediate attention, please contact City Hall at 903-729-2254.
Residents are asked to dial 911 for emergency issues.