The department responsible for the enforcement of violations of the Palestine Code of Ordinances depends on the type of violation and where the regulations are located in the Code of Ordinances. The following list includes common violations and the department responsible for enforcement.
- Tall grass and weeds.
- Junked or abandoned vehicles on public roadways and private properties.
- Tree limbs and brush lying on the ground on private property.
- Trash and debris on private property.
- Illegal dumping (within a public street right-of-way or public alley).
- Trespassing (entering an abandoned or unsafe structure).
- Substandard and dangerous buildings.
- Sign code violations (illegal garage sale signs, unauthorized commercial business signs).
- Fence maintenance.
- Zoning Ordinance violations.
- Illegal home occupations.
- Work without required building permits (residential, commercial and properties located within the historic districts and properties with a Palestine Landmark status.
- Cleanliness of food service establishments.
- Presence of infestation of rodent or insects in food establishments.
- Complaints of bats in commercial buildings.
- Rodent infestation.
Online Complaint Form:
Have a complaint? Fill out our online complaint form, located here.