The City Secretary’s Office is responsible for all aspects of municipal records. In addition to the statutory duties of the position, the City Secretary serves as the Chief Election Official of all City elections and Records Management Officer for the City.
The City Secretary is responsible for:
- Coordinating the codifications of City ordinances into the City Code of Ordinances
- Overseeing the corporate seal
- Publishing and posting agendas for all City Council meeting
- Compiling written minutes of official meetings of the City Council
- Publishing and posting all legal notices
- Attesting the Mayor’s signature on all official documents