January 18 2019 11:25:00 am
PALESTINE, Texas (Jan. 18, 2019) – The City of Palestine has announced the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday schedule for city facilities.
The following city offices and facilities will close Monday, Jan. 21 and will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, Jan. 22:
• City Hall, which includes Customer Service, Municipal Court, Finance, Development Services, Public Works, Utilities, City Manager’s Office, Police Administration, Fire Administration, City Secretary, Human Resources, Streets, Emergency Management Office and Warehouse Services.
• Palestine Economic Development and Main Street Offices
• Palestine Community Services Offices
• Palestine Visitor Center
• Palestine Mall Concourse will be closed Jan. 19, 20, and 21.
• Palestine Public Library will close Saturday, Jan. 19 and Monday, Jan. 21. All library materials (books, CDs, and DVDs) can be returned 24/7 in the book drop located on the curb outside of the Mall’s main entrance.
The following city offices and facilities will be open Monday:
• Palestine Civic Center will be open at 10 a.m. for the Martin Luther King Jr. program
The following is scheduled from Public Works:
• City garbage/recycling services will run as scheduled
• The compost site on Spring Street will be open January 19 and on January 21.
• To report after-hours and holiday water/sewer/road issues that require immediate attention, please contact City Hall at 903-729-2254, and press “0” for immediate assistance.
Residents are asked to dial 911 for emergency issues.